coKANna Designs is a line of bamboo knit, Canadian-made clothing created from the heart for women touched by breast cancer.
When Colleen Kanna was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2010, one of the things she felt was missing from the adaptive clothing marketplace while going through treatment was a comfortable, but stylish alternative for a top. With the limited mobility that comes from having chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation, and all the appointments requiring countless changes, she struggled to find a top that was easy to slip on and off without lifting her arms up over her head, comfortable to wear, soft against her skin, looked good on, and fit in with her everyday style.
At the same time, Colleen came to the realization that she didn’t want to continue down the same career path of being a Chartered Accountant and Vice-President of Finance so she switched from her left brain to her right brain, took a leap of faith, and hence, coKANna Designs was born. Colleen wants there to be more options out there so you don’t have to sacrifice quality or style at this time in your life. She wants to give back to the community that helped her through her cancer experience by filling a need in the adaptive clothing marketplace, and donating a percentage of sales to local breast cancer programs and services.
The coKANna brand has your comfort and well-being in mind. While there is a lot of focus on finding a cure for breast cancer, as there should be, there is less attention paid to the “person” going through the experience and how they feel. Sometimes it’s the small things that get you through the difficult times like a reassuring hug; a card from a friend you haven’t heard from because they don’t know what to say; a comfy, feel good top that’s easy to slip on and you’re ready to go.
We like to call coKANna an F2F brand because it takes you from functional to fashionable.
How might we embrace women’s inner strength and resilience, compassion and beauty, and make their lives just a little bit easier?
To wrap our customers in Canadian-made comfort and compassion; sustainable style, strength and support; and recovery-based resilience.
- To reach out and listen to our customers - women going through cancer treatment and recovery who do not want to sacrifice quality or style.
- To stick to our fundamental design concept of effortless on and off styles that provide protection and easy access.
- To use environmentally friendly, sustainable fabrics that are soft, breathable, and easy to care for.
- To create, support, and foster Canadian-made products and businesses.
- To give back to the breast cancer community by donating a percentage of our sales to breast cancer programs and services that help the “person” through the experience.
- To provide an open, safe, collaborative, creative, and pet-friendly environment for our business.